At The Vaccine Center, we offer Immigration Physicals to help you with all aspects of the medical exam according to the US Department of Health and Human Services’ regulations. We will help you complete all the requirements of Form I-693.
Our clinic has a designated Civil Surgeon authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services. By this designation, the Civil Surgeon is authorized to perform medical examination and give necessary immunization for aliens applying for adjustment of status or Permanent Resident Status (Green Card). Individuals applying for citizenship, seeking Permanent Residency, or a Green Card may be required to obtain an immigration physical prior to approval of their application.
Do you need a USCIS Immigration Medical Examination?
A medical examination is a necessary part of the application process for applying for adjustment of status. The purpose of the examination is to evaluate the health of the person and identify the presence or absence of certain disorders that may require follow-up medical care. The Civil Surgeon does not determine if a person is actually eligible for adjustment of status; that determination is made by the Immigration officer after reviewing all records, including the report of the medical examination.
There are many requirements to be met and our expert medical staff can assist you through this process quickly and efficiently.
What to bring with you for your appointment:
- Valid Government Issued ID: Passport, US Driver’s License, State ID
- Proof of prior vaccinations (if available)
- Immigration Physical Form I-693, with Part 1 completed in black ink only. It must be done in ALL CAPITAL letters WITHOUT ERRORS. Do not sign this form until the Civil Surgeon instructs you.
(Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record)
- Medical Examination by a Certified Civil Surgeon
- Completion of USCIS Required Immunizations (all vaccines are available in our office for your convenience)
- Required blood work
- Tuberculosis skin testing (required for 2 years & older)
- Completion of Form I-693
- Sealed envelope containing form I-693 with other pertinent medical results
The Medical Examination includes the cost of the tuberculosis skin testing and required blood work. Additional services that may be required (such as required vaccinations and follow-up chest-x-ray for positive TB testing) are not included in the price of the exam, but are offered and can be arranged in our office for an additional fee.
What to expect
When testing and medical examination is completed, you will receive:
- A sealed envelope containing the results of the medical examination and all required tests on the prescribed forms.
- An official Nevada Immunization record and x-ray report (if applicable) for your records.